English Grammar Test
40 Questions
Vowels & Consonants • Articles • Conjunctions • Pronouns • Asking Questions
Choose the best answer and complete all questions.
1. How many vowels are there in the English alphabet?
2. Which of these is a vowel?
3. Which word begins with a vowel sound?
4. Identify the consonants in this word: TRAIN
5. Is the first sound in hour a vowel sound or a consonant sound?
6. Which word has a different beginning sound?
7. I saw ___ elephant at the zoo.
8. She is ___ teacher.
9. He is ___ honest man.
10. I bought ___ new phone yesterday.
11. ___ sun rises in the east.
12. Correct the sentence:
I saw an dog in the street.
13. Correct the sentence:
She wants a orange.
14. Make one sentence using "an" and one sentence using "the."
15. I like tea ___ coffee.
16. He was tired, ___ he continued working.
17. I stayed at home ___ it was raining.
18. Hurry up, ___ you will miss the bus.
19. Join these sentences using "because":
I didn't go to school. I was sick.
20. Join these sentences using "but":
He is rich. He is not happy.
21. Replace the noun with a pronoun:
Rahul is my friend. Rahul lives in Delhi.
22. ___ am learning English.
23. This book belongs to me. It is ___.
24. Sarah is my sister. ___ is a doctor.
25. My brother and I are students. ___ study together.
26. Correct the sentence:
Me and Rahul went to the market.
27. Replace the repeated nouns with suitable pronouns:
Riya bought a book. Riya read the book at night.
28. Make a question for this answer:
I live in Delhi.
29. Make a question for this answer:
I go to work at 9 a.m.
30. Make a question for this answer:
I am learning English because I want to speak confidently.
31. Is "A, E, I, O, U" a list of the five main vowel letters?
32. Do we use "an" before every word beginning with the letter A?
33. Is "an honest man" grammatically correct?
34. Can "and" be used to connect two similar ideas?
35. Can "but" be used to show contrast?
36. Is "She" a pronoun?
37. Is "Rahul" a pronoun?
38. Is "Where do you live?" a question?
39. Is "I am going to school." a question?
40. Can we use "Who" when we want to ask about a person?
🎉 Test Completed!
Note: Written questions need to be checked by your teacher.